Not much to report, and I don't think very many people read this that often. You will find more of my stupid posts over at Facebook than here. It is also easier to upload pictures to Facebook than this place. But, in case you were wondering what was up with us...here it goes:
Porter is getting so good at putting sentences together! They are a little blotchy, and they don't include "the" but you can at least understand him. He has also been a little bit more loving too. I just wish that he would be more interested in learning his ABC's and counting...BUT, he is starting to like drawing! He used to hate drawing, and he would eat the paper off of the crayons. So, I decided no more crayons for him, only markers. I have had to steam clean the carpets a couple times but he does a lot better with them!
Joe is doing great at Captain's Career Course. He is putting his packet together to try to teach at West Point. If all goes well, he will take Command when we get to Fort Knox and then start Grad school in 2011 (somewhere...who knows). After two years, he will graduate and then go to teach at West Point for three years. We are really hoping that this works out! Now, if I could only get him to start studying for the GRE...
I have been teaching for the last two months, and I love it! When I teach the AIT soldiers, it is super long. And, I know that they don't want to be there so I make it my personal mission to make them laugh somehow. Nothing like being studied by 160+ soldiers as you try not to trip over cords, try not to fall down, and try not to sound like an idiot. Oh, at the same time, do the powerpoint slides. Yikes.
This past weekend, we went three hours away for me to teach at an event in Enid, OK. I was SO nervous! It was truly a professional event with my own nametag and everything! It is crazy to realize that I am a Personal Financial Counselor! I work along the side of Certified Public Accountants and Certified Financial Planners. Wow, awesome. I didn't get to do the presentations because I was so new to the program, but I think that I would have done well! It doesn't hurt that the job pays INSANELY well! Of course, I probably won't see the paycheck for the next month or two...they are supposed to be a little slow with that.
Oooh! I found an AWESOME nail polish! It is Sally Hansen's Instant Dry. This stuff is amazing. It literally dries likety split! I normally won't wear nail polish, because I always smudge it somehow. But, this stuff goes on like "butta", and it has this great curved brush so it gets right into the nail bed without smearing nail polish all over your cuticles. I HIGHLY recommend it! It costs $4 at Wal-Mart, but I think that I have a coupon somewhere. I want one in every color. I am THAT impressed!
We have started this couples night every Thursday for our friends who don't have kids. They all come over to our house and we eat way too much junk food and play some sort of a game. For the past two weeks, we have played Taboo. Last night, we played guys vs. gals, and it got a little intense. I mean there was screaming and throwing going on...Yikes. But, it was fun, and it is nice to be around this group of friends. Our friend, Matt, does the creepy voice of the old dude on Family Guy. He is DEAD on too. It is very, very disturbing. I am just so glad that these guys all get along (oh and so do us wives!)
Oh, oh! I have also been taking this Body Pump class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This was my first week and boy am I hurting. It works out every single part of your body. I hurt in ways that I have never hurt before. And yet? I love it! I can't wait to go again on Tuesday!
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow, teaching at WP would be awesome! Sounds like you have a good plan :) What would he want to teach?
I'm so glad that everything is going so well for you! Michael has thought about teaching at West Point too. We'll see if he winds up doing it or not!
Thanks for the tip on the nail polish. I'll have to try that the next time I need to buy some.
We plan to go to WP at some point to teach too! Does he know what he wants to teach? E is thinking history, I believe.
I love your posts...and facebook updates!
Just found your blog and wanted to say hi!
Your teaching job sounds like it would be fun and rewarding!
welcome back!
hey i need your email address to send you your swap partner. mackeylm2 {at} yahoo.
Post a Comment