Thursday, May 15, 2008

Accredited Financial Counselor-that's me!

The certificate came in the mail today! I can now add AFC to my resume! It may not be my masters or my doctorate, and I am not a doctor, lawyer, or any other "professional", but this makes me happy. I did 400 hours of volunteer/internship experience and the course itself in seven months with a new baby. Now if I could just get a part-time position utilizing this then that would be great! I was already told that if I wanted to work full-time that I would have a position waiting for me at Financial Readiness. But, Porter is more important right now :)

Yeay for achievements!

ps. We are driving to NY starting on Saturday...1700 miles and $3.70-4.00/gallon. Oh, and Porter and two dogs. Sooo excited. But at least I get to see Shelly and Ryan on the way!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations! I know you put in a lot of hard work to get that certificate! I was really nice to meet you last night. Good luck on the drive home!

d.a.r. said...

Congratulations!!! That is a lot of hard work, and you should be really proud of yourself. Especially doing it all with a newborn :)

Have a safe trip!

jlc said...

Congrats woman!! Safe travels on your ride cross country. :)

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

It was so great to see you all. I'm so sad that we can't live closer. Thank you so much for coming here and taking me to dinner. It really helped brighten things up for me. I miss you guys! I hope you had a safe rest of the trip to NY.

I had to delete my last comment because I forgot to say: Congratulations on your certification!!! You did an amazing job getting that while raising Porter.

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind for a total stranger asking, but I am interested in taking that same course, but have been hesitant. Mainly because I didnt want to get scammed by one of those online scam courses. Did you take the course online?