We just got word that our 1SG's replacement is heading back here very soon, and they have flights booked. Now, we are waiting on word about Joe's replacement. I knew this was coming, and we have been extremely lucky having him "home" for the last few months, but I am getting nervous now. Am I going to be able to handle Porter on my own for that long? What about the days (like today) when I have a headache and just want to take a nap? How is this all going to go? My good friend, Shelly, has a blog at http://themottos.blogspot.com/ and I agree 100% with her. She took the words out of my mouth. Of course, I can offer up support and encouragement for other people but why not myself?
On a brighter note, Porter is getting bigger and smarter everyday and truly surprises me that he is only 12 months old. I half expect him to just start talking in huge words when he looks at me. He can already get things that I ask him to (ie. the cupcake pan today, weird I know). He is a smarty. But, how am I going to get over the "hump" times of 5-7:30pm before he goes to sleep? These hours drag by and make me miserable everyday.
But, with Joe leaving then I can scrapbook/read/write/whatever I want from 7:30-whenever I feel like going to bed. I better have Porter's 1 year scrapbook done by then!And, we will be doing Skype (hopefully) so that we can see Joe and he can see us. I know that he will take time out to call and email us as much as he can. We might even be able to talk to him more than we do now! And, I won't miss him having to go to funerals/memorial services all the time. Oh, and then when he gets home then we get to LEAVE TEXAS! I am getting the 2 year itch...we have moved every year/8 months for the past 4 years. But, we have been here (in June) for 2 years! We will not get sucked into the Fort Hood hold. Only bigger and better things from now on. I have to keep remembering that.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ouuu so when will he leave?
So long Texas. I'm def feelin' that "itch" right about now. And it's only been 4 months?? :)
Hope things are going well, enjoy your trip back up north!!
It's been 5 1/2 years we have been here at Hood. I am ready to get out of here. I'm from Texas, so I know we will end up back here--just not Fort Hood. (Knock on wood)
Post a Comment