We actually almost ran him over.
Then, after driving up Mt. Scott (and me almost hyperventilating as I HATE heights), Joe and Porter took a walk and overlooked this:
and Joe waving...uh, get your hands back on Porter!!!
Then they started climbing:
Just a really sweet picture:
Ok, I needed to get in one shot:
Alright, here is another great shot:
And, then...as we were heading back to the car...SMACK! Porter fell and hit is head on one of the rocks. I will NEVER forget that sound. We thought that he was bleeding but it was just a huge scrape and a bruise. He cried for like 15 seconds and then wanted down to finish climbing. But, we were both freaking out (ok, mostly me), and we called some friends to ask what we should do. And, we all agreed to take him to the E.R. Luckily, there were only like three people ahead of us so we got back to the rooms quickly. But, we had to wait from 5:30-7:40 just to be seen! Oh goodness. Porter did AMAZING, and I emptied out my bag of all forms of snacks, cars, and other play things. We blew up probably 4 gloves and played with them and even made a face on one and wrote "We're Still Here!" and threw it in the hallway to see if someone would notice. Finally, the doctor came in and said that we were good to go. But, he gave us a list of things to look for over the next 24-48 hours. Hopefully, Porter will continue to be alright. But, I will never forget that sound...

7 comments:
You and Porter have the SAME smile in that second to the last shot!!!
Omg but the very first thing I see is "porters first visit to the ER" and then a pic of that moose!!! I was like "wait a minute what REALLY happened" hahahahha!
Glad to see the animal had NOTHING to do with his visit. :)
Oh, my! I am glad Porter is ok. Your pictures made me miss that place a bit. I will be missing our annual family easter egg at the mountains for the second year :-(
Did you see any buffalo??? Have you gone to feed the prairie dogs yet??
Poor Porter! That is so scary, but I'm glad that it's all okay.
I absolutely love the Refuge. Isn't that such a fun place?
i am glad porter is okay! i thought he had been charged by a longhorn! haha! get used to him falling though! :)
those are amazing You should def frame a couple:) Im glad it was nothin serious with Porter, I bet that was soooo scary!
Hope Porter is hanging in there! And what an awesome job he did at the ER!
Hehe... sooo true!!!
Give Porter a kiss from his faux- Auntie Jen and Uncle Sam. :)
Post a Comment