Monday, April 13, 2009

Porter's 2nd Birthday

I cannot believe that my little boy is two years old. Wait. Yes, I can. I have felt every second of the last two years, but I still cannot believe it. To think that, two years ago, he wasn't even born yet just boggles my mind. How did we go through all of those years without having the joy of his laughter?

Last year, we had a HUGE blowout of a party, but we wanted to do something different this year. We have had so many big changes in the last couple of weeks, and we were going to have Easter and Joe's Birthday within nine days of each other. So, we elected to just take it easy and have a low-key day. Of course, I had to say "Happy Birthday" to Porter about every five minutes. And, he would scream, "No!" Oh geeze.

Porter and I hung around the house until about 1:00 when Joe got home with Olive Garden (oh yummy), and we let Porter open a couple presents. Sidenote: Porter loves to open presents. Then, while Porter took a nap, I went and got the supplies for his little party.

At 5:30, his friends Addison and Addison (yes, two Addisons) came, and we had pizza, cupcakes, and ice cream. They all played in the yard for a couple of hours and then Porter opened up the rest of his presents. This kid scored on the present front, let me tell you! There are too many to list but thank you to everyone who sent something!!

It was a perfect day and absolutely low-stress. Next year, we can have the big party again, but Porter didn't care. He was happy to be surrounded by friends and cake.

3 comments:

jlc said...

This day makes me smile. :)

I heart your fam. Happy Birthday again Porter!!!

d.a.r. said...

So sweet!! Happy birthday to your little one!

R.A.B. said...

I miss you. Call, e-mail, send pictures, something!!!!