Allergies and pure laziness have prevented me from posting. Sorry!
Here is our latest update:
Joe is doing pre-Ranger training and has been working his butt-off every morning. He has been going for 8 mile runs, ruck marches, etc. He has been doing great, and I am so proud of him. If all goes well, he will go to Ranger school from September through November. I know that it will be great for him, but we basically won't hear from him for those three months. We can write snail mail, and we will get a phone call once every few weeks. Deployments were better than that...
We got the list of posts to choose from after Captain's Career Course. We will need to list our top 5 and then let the fate of the branch manager to choose for us. We really want Fort Knox, KY for several reasons. The top are that we would be back on the East coast (closer to family), he would be in a unit that will have JUST gotten back from a deployment, and it is a family friendly post. We'll see if we get it though!
Porter has been hanging out with the Addisons, and he has been having so much fun! It is so nice to have someone for him to play with and to get excited about going to see. I have also been taking him to daycare once a week, and he has stopped getting upset! I absolutely love to pick him up, because he gives me a huge hug and kiss. What a great feeling!
On a side note...he hasn't climbed through the doggy door in a week!!
I have been just putzing around doing the usual. I am waiting to schedule an interview with this guy to teach AIT soldiers on Saturdays regarding basic finances. It would be nice if he got back to me soon...I am also waiting to be scheduled for a job for this government contracting job that I have. They said that it can take up to months. Blah. I have faith that something will come along soon though. It is just frustrating to be waiting.
Yesterday, I went to the doctor for the first time here. She was actually good! She is an Internal Medicine doctor so she knows about my Crohn's disease. I have lots of medicine for my allergies, and I am being referred to a Gastroenterologist in Wichita Falls, TX. She is demanding that I have a colonoscopy done since I have not had one in the last 5 years. Ugh. I absolutely HATE, DESPISE drinking the prep for it. The last time that I had one, I vomited ALL over Joe. Yeah, that was awesome. I don't mind the colonoscopy itself though! I even woke up during the last one and got to watch them do biopsies of my intestines! So cool! But, if it has to be done then so be it. I also need to have an ultrasound done as I discovered, in my medical files from 2006, that I have two pretty big size fibroids and cysts in my uterus and on my left ovary. They are both the size of my ovary. Well, that was in 2006 so who knows now! I had a dermoid cyst grow from the size of a pea to a grapefruit in four months, and I had to have surgery to remove it and 3/4 of my right ovary. So, obviously, I am a little scared about any cysts! I had that previous ultrasound (the one in 2006) done with a fertility specialist (and I was pregnant at the time) so they didn't follow up with me. Who knows what could have happened with the pregnancy! So, they are doing another ultrasound and if they find them again they will probably remove them since I am having symptoms. Who the heck knows.
But, that is us this week! I will post pictures soon, I promise!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You'll have to let me know which dr. in wichita falls they refer you to. I had a complete idiot down there and would never go to him again. I had to get a second opinion in OKC and they were shocked at the doctor down in WF.
Ack allergies are kicking my butt, too!!! I hope you start feeling better. And oh my goodness, that is worrisome about your cysts and whatnot. I hope the specialist has some good answers and doesn't leave you in the dark this time!
Glad you made it to a good dr. Have Porter call sometime, I miss the little guy. What are you other options besides Knox? We're going to be heading to MO in July 3-6 for Av and 3-12 for me...could I stop by maybe????? Let me know what you have planned around those times!
Post a Comment