Friday, July 25, 2008

Asian Toasted Sesame Chicken

I'm sure that you all know this already, but I have Crohn's disease so I can't eat anything fried, greasy, or fattening. I know, terrible diet right? Well, I LOVE chinese food, but my damaged intestines do not. So, I have to find ways around it. Here is a fantastic recipe that calms my cravings for chinese food (and won't cause food poisoning like the last time I ate chinese...)

Ingredients:

8 oz. angel hair pasta, uncooked
2 cups small broccoli florets (microwave in bowl with a little water for 5 mins. with saran wrap over the bowl-drain)
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. each: ground ginger, garlic powder, crushed red pepper

COOK pasta as directed on package, add broccoli to boiling water for the last 3 min. of the pasta cooking time

MEANWHILE spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 min., stirring occasionally.

DRAIN pasta mixture; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Spoon evenly into four serving bowls

Voila! Enjoy!

3 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Wow, that looks really yummy and delish!! I'm going to have to try it. I bet it would be good with thinly sliced steak, too!

Katie said...

mmm yum! Keep posting these recipes! :)

ArmyEngineerWife said...

That sounds great, and I have everything but the ginger in the fridge. I think this might make next week's meal list for me!