Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Our Family-the real truth
Joe and I have been together for 11 years. That is a freaking long time for two people who are 25 and 26. But, you know what? I really do look forward to each year, and marriage has really been amazing. Sure, we still fight but now it is over who didn't do dishes or take out the garbage and not about who didn't call whom after practice. Joe went to USMA (aka West Point) and graduated in 2004. He is a Field Artillery Captain with 3d ACR. We have a son, Porter, who just turned nine months old. The kid is a rock star. He is the smartest kid that I know...of course I don't know that many kids but I am his mom so what I say goes. He loves to fly around in his evil Sesame Street walker that "Santa" brought for him, and he thinks it is super funny to run into the back of my heels. We play tag throughout the house and he lets out the biggest belly laughs that you have ever heard. He also loves to listen to music and tries to dance. He is the flirt at daycare and all of the teachers love him and literally fight over who will take care of him. Can't beat that, right? We call him "Peanut"...we don't know why but it came out and now he answers to it. I guess it is a lot better than "Dooder nuts" like we had been calling him. But, Joe won't let me call him "Peanut Brittle" as it implies that he is fragile. Uh-huh. Joe is stuck on Rear-D right now as the Squadron Rear Detachment Commander. Life is awesome. I get to eat dinner with hundreds of wives due to his BlackBerry being able to get email, and I wake up to phone calls all night long. But, at least I have him home, right? Sure. So, that is our little family, in a nut shell. Oh, I forgot to mention that I am getting my financial counseling certification so I will be able to make mad money once that is done. I volunteer, on post, at the Financial Readiness Branch, giving out loans to hundreds of soldiers. And, I have even been able to do budgets for many who cannot figure out where their pay check goes to when they are literally eating out every night and smoking 50 packs of cigarettes a week. Hmm...I don't know either... I hope that you enjoy this blog, and I am going to do my damndest to update it every day. Crap, now I have to do 5 push-ups for saying, "Damn." Wait, now 10. Stupid rule that we enforced to curb our swearing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment