Monday, January 14, 2008
Stupid people make me mad.
I work helping soldiers get no-interest loans through an agency on our post. I work with civilians and soldiers, and I somehow am constantly surprised by how insufficient these employees are. Who the hell lets their employees answer their cell phones, text other people, take smoke breaks every 15 minutes (for 20 minutes), and chit chat for half of the work day? Apparently our agency. I freaking volunteer 10 hours of my time each week and am the one answering all of the phones, helping the 30 soldiers every hour that come in, and help to counsel the worse off soldiers. All the while, the other employees get to "play." You should never, never, ignore a soldier so that you can text your child who should be in school anyways. Don't look at rank and decide that the lower ranking soldiers are "dumb" and shouldn't be treated with as much respect as the slightly higher ranking ones. True, some are but they still deserve respect. Is this asking too much? Am I just old-fashioned that you should go to work to do your work? Why am I wrong for wanting to help soldiers out? Isn't that what the agency is designed to do? And, you know, it isn't just our agency. We have other ones in our building who also seem to be just as ridiculous. And yet, they get all of the recognition for their "little people" doing their jobs for them. Ack, it just makes me so mad. But, I only have about 260 more hours left to go...not that I'm counting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's Wednesday! Where are the entries?!
Post a Comment