Friday, January 11, 2008

Scrapbooking-a dying hobby in our household

This may sound weird from someone who thrives on organization, but I really hate spring cleaning. Actually, I really hate cleaning out my scrapbook room which just has too much crap in it. Joe built shelves and a countertop into our "guest" room closet so that I could hide the massive amount of crap that makes up my scrapbook collection. I have hundreds, maybe even a thousand, dollars invested into a hobby that I no longer have time for. So, me, being the nice person that I am, decided to clean out my "stash" and donate what I don't use anymore to a library or a charity around here that does free scrapbooking. I thought that I was something special when I mentioned it to Joe (expecting him to bow down to my feet and give me lots of applause) who promptly said, "When I see your scrapbooking stuff, I see dollar signs...sell it." I forgot to mention to him that it would be a tax write-off if I donated it but oh well. I told him that I would sell it on Craigslist for two days and if no one took my incredibly high offer then I would give it away. He rolled his eyes at me. So, I am day three into my cleaning out project and I have barely gotten 1/3 of the way through. Why? I have a 9 month old who loves to play with all of the pretty paper. So, I have to work on it when he is napping. Check back with me in another 3 months...

1 comment:

Megan said...

If you can't sell it, box it up and store it for when you DO have time. I still think that you have a great business opportunity revolving around scrapbooking...in a few years!