Friday, February 15, 2008

The Best Valentine's Day Ever



Our family had the best Valentine's Day yesterday! We started it out with Porter and I decorating cookies that we then delivered to everyone at my work and at Joe's office. While we were there, Porter learned how to clap for the first time! Then, we came home and there was a message on the answering machine saying that the pictures that Porter and I took for Joe for V-Day came in 6 days early! So, we went and got those, and they turned out great! While Porter was down for a nap, I went out into the dark garage to get something out of the car and ended up wacking my mouth with the car door. Not very smart, and I have a fat lip to show for it. But, Joe arrived home 10 minutes later to save the day! Of course, he had to laugh at me first. Then, we went and played cupid to our neighbors and took a ton of pictures to mark Porter's 1st Valentine's Day! After Porter was fed and put down for the night, I made Joe and I the best dinner ever! (See previous post for the menu). It was soooo good! And, Joe was very impressed too! I'm telling you all, you HAVE to get the Olive Garden dressing. A salad is not a salad without it. Anyways, I gave Joe his framed 10x13 picture of Porter and I as well as a 5x7 framed picture of Porter that is too adorable. (I will try to scan them in and post them sometime). Then, he said to go get my card off of the table (which I did) but then said that I forgot something. Behind the card was a beautifully wrapped Zales box. I opened it up and there was a BEAUTIFUL pearl/diamond ring! I have begging him for a right-hand ring, and I finally have one! It is gorgeous....


The best part of the day was being able to be with Joe and Porter and truly feeling loved. I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day too!

2 comments:

jlc said...

So happy you got that ring you wanted! It's purrrrdy and suits you very well. :)

Katie said...

I love your ring! It's so pretty, I have a pair of earrings that would match it perfectly!