Monday, February 25, 2008

So tired...

I think that I am being taken advantage of. I work at Financial Readiness/AER taking in loans for soldiers. I also answer the phones that ring literally every other minute as well as schedule appointments and run around from office to office. The person who "should" be doing that job decides that it is best fitting of her time to talk to her husband that calls all the time, yell at her kids on the phone all the time, and smoke/take bathroom breaks all the time. Today, our NCOIC came up to me and gave me a half-hug and said, "I really, really like it when you come in. You are squared away. Thank you." Well no crap, I actually get stuff done! And, two of the other counselors get so freaking stressed out it is unbelievable. It is after a day like today that I wonder why I volunteer. These people get paid to do nothing. Yet, they use and abuse me. And, stupid me likes to look nice so I wear pretty clothes and heels which always, always hurt by feet/back and are mad uncomfortable. But, I want the soldiers to feel like they are important. But, dang, you know? So much more to say, but I better stop now. AHHHH!!!! Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

jlc said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look nice. Save those souls... go for the flats.

d.a.r. said...

That just sounds wretched, sorry you are having to deal with it. Being the bigger person suck sometimes. And definitely invest in some cute flats!