Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Where has the time gone...

Porter now has 6 teeth! There are four on top and two on the bottom. He can chew things now! Today, when I dropped him off at daycare, I just looked at him (I mean really looked at him) and just saw how grown-up he is becoming. He cruises around the furniture like a champ and can occasionally stand on his own. He loves being around other babies, and he has such a sweet, gentle personality. The teachers literally fight over which room he will be in, and I feel secure knowing that he is being taken care of. One of the teachers told me today that he sat at one of the big windows and was just waving at everyone that walked by. He is 10 months old. When he smiles, it literally makes your heart melt. His big, blue eyes just stare up at you and literally shine when he is happy (which is almost 98% of the time). How did I get such a good baby? And, tonight, while eating spaghetti he started nodding for the first time! Joe and I have started signing with him, and I did the "more" sign and nodding my head and said "yes" and then shook it and said "no" and he nodded! I did that throughout the meal, and he still nodded except for when he got full. He just constantly amazes me. I still tell my friends that I can feel him kicking his big ole feet up into my ribs, and I truly can. But, you know, it does feel like it has almost been a year. I can't listen to everyone else saying "just wait till he walks, blah blah blah, enjoy it now, blah blah blah." I tell them that I am enjoying it now and I will still enjoy years down the line. I look forward to the challenge. Right now he is laughing as Hanna, our dog, licks his hand. As long as I can hear that laugh, see that gorgeous smile, and see his shining eyes then I can handle the messiest of messes, the terrible tantrums, and the long days.

No comments: