Sorry for not posting in a long time, but we had quite the drama recently with this blog. Hopefully things will be better, but I have to watch everything that I say around "friends." Anyways, enough with that.
We had a good time in San Antonio, and I will write up something on that when Joe leaves. That has been a drama all in its own as he was supposed to leave tomorrow. But, good ole Army has to switch things up and he will leave next week sometime. I know, I know...at least we have another few days together. But, when you have been waiting on pins and needles for two months thinking that he is going at any time, it is slightly frustrating when it keeps getting pushed back. I know that he will only be gone for four months, I get it people...you don't need to keep reminding me. Some "friends" here keep having to remind me when they see me how much harder their time is (not you Rach!). I think that they all seem to forget that we have already gone through a deployment and oh yeah, we have a son now. They get to wine and dine with each other everynight and have lots of fun. I am very happy for them but come on...it is not the same as having to take care of your son on your own. Sorry for the vent.
Anyways, we are having a good-bye dinner for Joe on Sunday with a couple of friends so I am looking forward to that! We have made a few really good friends within the last few months, and I feel so blessed. I am sad though that we will have to leave them in a few months.
I have been keeping up my running, 3 times a week, and I have reached 1.5 miles. Of course, today, I thought I would be awesome and take a different route that would tack on an extra .4 mile, and I about died. I had to walk three streets, and I was so disappointed in myself. I don't think that it helped that we walked a marathon this past weekend, and I ate a granola bar before we ran today. I'm an idiot. I need better running music so you ladies out there who run...what are some good motivating songs??
I got a new camera as a deployment present since Joe will be taking our other camera with him. This is it: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=205990&om_keycode=4 and I love it! Joe was able to get $20 off by having the guy look up the price online :) I think that I am rubbing off on him ;) The picture quality, and video quality, is absolutely amazing for the money. I definitely recommend it! Plus, I love the color!
I have been trying to write down all of the words that Porter knows so that I can tell the doctor at his 18 month appointment on Oct.9, and he knows 93 words/phrases! Isn't that awesome? My favorite word that he can say is Lemur. Yup, he learned that at the zoo this past weekend. He is a little sponge so I really have to watch what I say around him!
Well, that is it for now. If I can think of anything else, I will add to this :) Thank you all for your support over the last few days. We really needed it.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Robyn! How dare people tell you that their time is harder! That is soooo ridiculous, as each person deals with things differently, has different types of relationships, different commitments, family dynamics....ugh, I hope that things get better for you!
Ugh! I would hate having the day be pushed back again and again. The anticipation must be horrendous! However, I hope that you are able to make the most out of these precious extra days!
While I'm sure it's nice to have another weekend, I'm sorry they are pulling the band-aid off slowly. I'm here for you and will be thinking of you next week. Enjoy one more weekend together!
I think any time apart in the Army is tough, no matter if it is a few weeks or 15 months. That is so ridiculous that people are saying their time is harder.
And basically being a single parent while Joe is gone definitely does not make things any easier! I'm sorry you are having to deal with such narrow minded people. Grr.
I'm here for you...just as quickly as you were here for me last night. :) You definitely need to post about that...so funny, yet TERRIFYING!!! You guys crack me up. Gun-toting Adam saved the day. I really would have called you guys first, but I seriously thought it was Adam knocking at first and trying to trick me, then when I realized it wasn't him, I called you and told him to get his butt over here. :) See ya Sunday for sure.
I totally know what you mean! It is so frustrating having it pushed back. You just want it to get it started and get it over with! You may not have as long as a deployment, but other wives should understand that any deployment is tough!
Omg. I was eating KASHI before my runs. Talk about an idiot.
Robyn,
Don't let anyone put you down, or find a reason to criticise you and what you are doing. You don[t need friends like that.
You are a wonderful mother and Joe is a wonderful dad, when he can be around. I knew you would be the exact mom you turned out to be. A loving warm, and I don't hear anything that you are dong wrong.
Just keep us the good work.
Love
Mom M.
Post a Comment