Thursday, March 20, 2008
Prayers needed
One of Joe's soldiers, from when he was in his old Battery, was diagnosed with cancer a little over a year ago. It started out in his toe then moved to his foot then hit the lymph nodes. I remember when I was the FRG leader and getting the FRG to donate $200 to help defray the cost of his wife having to fly back here for treatment. Since then, his young body has given in to the cancer. He has been in the ICU here for the past several months. Today, I got word that he has been flown back to his native Hawaii to live out the remaining two weeks of his young life. He was a husband and a father. He always smiled when I came wobbling in pregnant out the wazoo and always asked how I was doing. Now, he has two weeks to live. Please, if you can, think about him and his family. God bless you SPC M.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a shame. I'm so glad his final days will be in a place he loves instead of an ICU. I'll be thinking of him and his family.
Post a Comment