a better writer. But, I can't write beautiful blogs that are witty and have such great meaning. I am a mom of a toddler and a wife of a bigger toddler. I am tired. And, I really wish that I had cute names for Joe that only he and I would get. But, alas, it is usually "hey you" or "JOSEPH HENRY MROSZCZYK!" Occasionally, he will get a "honey" or a "love" but that is about it. His friends did call him Meathead in college though....I wonder if I could write a love letter with "My dearest Meathead..." I don't think that it has the same feel to it though...
Porter is "P-nut", and we have no idea how that came about but alas it is there. The poor kid. I'm just not more creative than that.
I am slacking hard core let me tell you. Instead of a hand created invitation to Porter's 1st birthday party, people got an electronic evite. Is that bad? I just don't want to have to keep a checklist by the phone and wait for people to respond. I want to check on there what they put as their excuse if they can't come and be done with it. But, I will need to go all out for this party. Of course, cheapskate that I am, the party will be 80% handmade. Again, the poor kid. But, don't feel too sorry for him. He has books and stuffed animals galore, and his Dad and I love him endlessly. So what if I am a little crazy?
I have started to write Porter a little journal, of sorts, in the hope that if something should ever happen to me then he will know about me. Of course, I just started this, and I can only write at like 10:30pm so who knows what is really going in there.
Oh but the little guy is waking from his nap. Now I need to go make him an organic meal made of the finest ingredients (aka. jar of baby food).
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Man, that's what blogging is all about! Stream of consciousness, when-you-get-a-free-minute updates on your life. Yours is great!
The journal is a great idea. Check out Ali Edwards' blog for ideas on topics and starters. I was at an estate sale on Saturday, and they were giving away one of those "Grandma, Tell Me Your Memories" books. Apparently Grandma never got around to writing out her memories. That's one of the saddest things I've seen in a long time! So anything you write out for Porter is going to be something he'll cherish
As for the party, I think:
a) The Evite is smart and it keeps your stress level down.
b)80% handcrafted party = 100% better than some Disney/Pixar crap that every other kid has.
The kid's got it great!
Robyn, the evite is so cute! Anyway, I once heard about this (slightly overachieving mom) that wrote a journal for each of her, like, 15 kids or something, and gave it to them on their 18th birthday.
They had a whole lifetime of memories through Mom's eyes, including when she secretly thought something "bad" was so funny. The kids loved it.
I bet the party is going to be awesome! I can't wait--we'll be there with bells on!
Oh and blogging should be whatever you want it to be. I mean, if you wanted to only publish pictures of your right hand every day, it would be cool and it's your blog!
Porter is going to LOVE that journal someday! What amazing memories he will have through your eyes...and someday, you can use it to torture him when he brings some girl home :)
Oh wait, that's just what MY mother in law does....haha!
Robyn, you're a mommy. And you're an awesome mommy which makes you super cool no matter what.
Porter also looks adorable in his cowboy hat on that e-vite.
And ummm so what's the deal with your fam having HUGE b-day parties whenever there is a huge departure going on in my life....
1.) Your 25th... I leave the very NEXT day to go back home for Jersey
2.) Porter's first (which just so happens to be the hubbs b-day which makes it THAT much more special of a date) ... and 2 days later we have deployment.
What is the deal-e-o?
Post a Comment