Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Want to know what is not cool?

Going to H-E-B (grocery store) only to come out and it is pouring rain. Oh, and you have an 11 month old and a cart full of groceries. But, you were smart enough to bring an umbrella so you whip that baby out and decide to run in the complete DOWNPOUR (that floods all of the roads around here) out to the car. All I can say is THANK YOU AUTOMATIC OPENING DOORS!!!! I pulled out my key and hit that button like I was running with a gun away from someone shooting at me. It was seriously like an action movie. "Robyn pulls out the remote and, as she is dodging the cars whizzing by, she pushes that door button and throws Porter into the carseat while, at the same time, throwing the bags into the van...then she runs like an Olympic racer to put the cart away and pushes the button to close the door!" Can you picture it? It was mad cool. Except the part where my jeans gained about two pounds of water and I looked like a drowned rat. Then, I still had to get everyone/everything out of the car since Joe refuses to program the garage door opener with the one in the car. Oh wait, and the garbage can was floating down the street so I threw everyone/everything into the house and ran out to the street to retrieve it. And, might I add, the water was up past my ankles. Awesome. Good day.

No comments: