Today was a good day other than not being able to talk to Joe at all. I missed his conversation on Yahoo Messenger due to it always logging me out when the computer goes into sleep mode. Frustrating.
But, I learned how to sew a kick butt apron! One of my friends came over and taught me the right way to sew! Who knew that ironing and following the correct lines on the needle guide thing actually works?? I will make a blog all about the apron another day, because I was more concentrated on actually accomplishing the task. But, I did it, and I thnk that it looks great!!
So, after Erika left and Porter took a little nap, we headed to Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby to get a few new sewing supplies and fabric. I am so blasted excited about making more! This has actually given me something to look forward to throughout the deployment!
After dinner, Porter and I went outside to play. Well, Porter played and I bagged the massive piles of leaves that I had raked a couple of days ago. Then, because Porter, being the boy that he is, decided to get himself all dirty playing in the rocks so we had to have bath time. I love bath time as he always lets out these great belly laughs! And, he loves, LOVES bubbles! He lets out these hug squeals when he sees them.
Then, we got him into pajamas and went for our night run. Key advice: do not eat Asian Chicken and then go for a run an hour later. Ouch. I thought that I was going to die. I did have to walk two streets, but I did it! I ran about 1.8 miles so that was still good.
I really miss Joe...I miss his voice and his comforting arms. I miss hearing him say "Good job!" and giving me a high five when we finish running. I miss curling up on the couch with him under our blanket and watching tv. I just miss everything. I love you sweetheart.

2 comments:
Thanks for adding us Robin! We enjoy reading everything that's going on with you're family being we are so far apart.. Porter is getting so big and cute. It's going fast isnt it?! Hope you're doing well with Joe being gone and if you need us for anything, Please remember we're always here!
:(
I miss them too.
Post a Comment