Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Patch

Last year, we took our first family trip to the pumpkin patch in Harker Heights. Porter was only 6 months old, and he could barely stand on his own. I waited all year to be able to take him again, and I was so glad that they had the pumpkin patch again.

Today, Rach and I took Porter to the patch, and he took off running to look at all of the great pumpkins that they had! He LOVED the Radio Flyer wagons that they had out there, and he desperately wanted to climb in one. He did end up bugging me enough about it, and I let him play. **Joe, I think that we might have to buy one...* HE LOVED IT!

He did NOT love the scarecrows that they had scattered around the patch though. Wow, they scared him. They scared me too! The poor scarecrow looked like a real person with a stick shoved up its backend! The poor little guy!

Porter ran to the tractor that was giving rides, but he was too late to get on it. He was so upset! He loves tractors and basically anything that has wheels on it and that moves. He is such a boy :)

After taking literally 200 pictures, we went and picked out two little pumpkins for him to take home with him. It was a successful pumpkin patch mission aside from the freaking out about the scarecrows. We won't be here next year, and I hope that we can find a good place to take him!

*Warning, I can't tell if I like these pictures as I photoshoped them so I still have the color originals if they didn't turn out well*









8 comments:

Shelly said...

Very cute photos! It looks like you had a fun day.

kd said...

Sooo cute, Robyn!

Katie said...

How cute! I love the last picture of him! If you guys make your way up here after CCC I can tell you about a great place up here. They have tons of apple picking, the patch isnt out in the field its just a bunch gathered together, but they have tractor rides, horse pulled wagons, corn mazes for kids, pony rides, petting zoo, bouncy things- you name it! We were there for like 3 hours picking apples, pumpkins, squashes, and eating apple fritters and fried dough! And in the summer we did red and black raspberry picking and cherry picking there!

d.a.r. said...

So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are too cute! I'm sure Porter is super excited about his pumpkins!!!

MTM said...

Such cute pictures!!

Kristen said...

So cute! I'm glad you had a good time!

Erin said...

AWWW such adorable pictures!!!