We have made it a month! It has actually gone really fast and has not been bad at all. Of course, we miss Joe terribly but we are trying to make the best of this. Some of the other girls have been posting their accomplishments during their husband's deployment so I thought that I would do it too but with a twist!
(-)
*Broke the garage door
*The battery in Joe's car died
*I am not doing so well on the budget this month
*Porter has been throwing more tantrums
*Sucking at running (my hips don't seem to work very well in the cold...thanks arthritis)
(+)
*Restarted the car all by myself! First time ever jumpstarting a car!
*Got all of my cavities filled and got the impression done for my nightguard
*Had a Southern Living party with Rachel and am getting a lot of great stuff for not too much thanks to her extreme generosity
*Walking/running everyday!
*Scored a great deal on getting Porter 8 pairs of jeans/khakis/overalls and 3 long-sleeve shirts for $25!
*Read a few books
*Kept up with going to Wazoos once a week
*Taken Porter to daycare every week!
*Kept up-to-date (kind of) on the post!
*Landscaped the backyard and front yard
*Figured out how to make aprons and am now on a kick of making them!
*Took Porter to the pumpkin patch
**Best of all.....taught Porter to say "Please" and "Thank You" to the point where he says it on his own!!
I like being able to stay up late at night, but I know that I am going to get tired of it soon...I miss you Joe!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congrats on one month down!!!!
Robyn,
I am so proud of you. You are definately a trooper. You are a wonderful person. I know we don't know each other very well but you are my sister - in - law and I love you very much. I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful person you are.
Give porter more smooches for me!
You're doing well...and I love having you to myself. Well, I share you with Porter before 7 p.m. :) See ya tomorrow night. I can't wait to Trick-or-treat...we should go by Adams. :)
Yay for getting to one month down!! That is awesome. I hope time is flying for you, it sure is for me. You got a TON accomplished this month!!
Wow your month did seem to go really fast.
I hope the rest of it flies by for you kiddos too.
Oh and Please and Thank You should count as 10 accomplishments by itself --- that's a huge huge deal that still some 7th graders have problems with... Porter continues to impress us.
Post a Comment