Thursday, October 23, 2008

My little helper

We have been busy the last couple of days! Porter is loving the cooler weather and is constantly saying "outside! outside!" and wants to play all day out there! I really need to get him some play stuff, but we are moving in a few months to an apartment, and we won't be able to use it there :( Maybe I can find something cheap on Craigslist!

So, since Porter has been wanting to play outside, I have decided to spruce up the backyard a little bit more. There was this dead tree by the shed that I hated having to mow around. So, I decided to pull it out of the ground! Plus, I trimmed the tree that was right by it way down and picked up the failed patio table that I made (the tiles had fallen all over the place). Then, I decided to get to work pulling dead limbs off of the big tree. An hour and a half later, I was done! Porter was such a big help by bringing sticks to the throw away pile and picking up the tiles and putting them in the garbage bag! And, I didn't even have to fight him on going inside, he just walked right in!




Our stupid garage door will not close which is making me so blasted angry. I spent an hour on it this morning, and I am sure that I will be spending another hour on it tomorrow! Oh and Joe's car battery is dead too. Awesome.

But, I am not going to let those things get me down! We had a great day with just a few tantrums but nothing that I couldn't handle! We even went for a run/walk this morning and declared it Fall. It was so freaking cold that I spent the whole time holding my right ear from the wind! Porter had a cool hat on though...lucky guy. I have decided that I suck at running, and I am not getting better at all. But, I am still trying.

Porter has started being really loving lately. He asks for hugs all the time even when he is in his high chair! Tonight, he sat on the chair with me and put his head on my lap as I read him a book. He has never done that! I think that he is really missing Joe, and I think that he is afraid that if I go somewhere that I won't be coming back. There is nothing like hugs from that little guy...

I scored some great deals at Old Navy and Bath & Body Works yesterday! I got all of these clothes for $21! And, I gave a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon to the lady in front of me, and she almost cried she was so happy. I like doing good deeds!



Then, I got these AMAZING anti-bacterial soaps that smell like honest to good peppermint! They even make my hands tingle!! And, I had a free coupon for a Wallflower so I got all of these for $9!



Tomorrow, I am taking Porter to daycare from 11-3, and I am going to go to Wal-Mart and then to lunch with a few friends ALL BY MYSELF! I hope that he does ok and doesn't get hurt or sick...I really need this break as does he.

1 comment:

Devon said...

Robyn~
The slides we have, we bought at a post sale at Fort Sill. The daycare was getting rid of stuff (along with a few other places, it was HUGE).
We got it for $5!!
I am still sad that we were not able to snag a John Deer Tricycle! And we got there right when it opened!