Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Welcome....one and all!"

I took Porter to his first circus today! They were having a Shiner circus at the local expo center, and a friend of mine suggested that we take our little ones. I was hesitant as she wanted to go during Porter's naptime, but I am trying to stay busy so why not? He loved it!!! He did such a great job watching everything, pointing out the animals that he knew, and he didn't fuss that much at all! He LOVED the elephants, and he kept pointing and screaming "elphant, elphant!" over and over again! And then...the elephant pooped and peed right in front of us. Awesome. Nothing like watching a x ton animal pee a full bucket full right in front of you. Oh wait, yes there is. Smelling it. But, we moved past that. During intermission, which was half an hour by the way (who the hell thinks of that when there are 18 month olds in the audience!), Porter had to climb the incredible amount of stairs that were in the building. Oh, and did I mention my fear of heights? Yeah, so I started sweating, breathing heavily, and shaking while we were climbing the stairs to the top. But, I thought that I could overcome it so that Porter wouldn't freak out. Never again. Added to my fear of heights was the fear of Porter falling down and smacking his head on the concrete. But, we survived. He was still super hyper so I took him out where the concessions were and everywhere we turned there were clowns. I have learned something. Porter hates clowns. No, Porter is scared to death of clowns. He clung to me so hard that I think that I have scratches on my legs. And the damn clowns kept coming up to him and trying to get him to smile. GO AWAY, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT HE IS SCARED OF YOU?? Dumb clowns. Oh yeah, I hate clowns too. The best part of the whole circus was watching Porter dance like a rockstar to the music. I mean, I have a serious dancer on my hands. I could not stop laughing when he did his little moves, and I kept turning around to see if other people were watching. Surely, they were, because he was way more entertaining than Giovanni who almost fell off the wheel of death like 15 times. I did look over at my friend and said, "Well, at least if he falls off, Porter and Sydney are too young to remember it!" Aren't I miss optimistic?!



Mommy and Porter



"Don't bother me...I'm in the seat!"



"I'm running, I'm running!!"

4 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh my gosh, hysterical account of Porter's first trip to the circus. I'm sorry it was stressful, but it sounds like a good memory if nothing else!

Cute pictures :)

Erin said...

Good boy! He knows to stay away from the clowns! I think they are terrifying!

Katie said...

How cute! The pictures are adorable! Glad Porter had such a good time and wasn't cranky for you since it was naptime!

Army Mom said...

Oh, Robyn!

I am having so much fun catching up on these videos and pictures. It's great! I am going to upload these to my computer, so I can show dad, IF I can figure out how to do it that is. It is so wonderful that you are doing this. You will have memories for years, and for Porter as he gets older, and his children after him. You don't know how happy this makes me.

Love you
Mom M