We are doing ok. We have been keeping busy as much as we can, and I think that it is helping. Porter and I went for a run last night, and we actually ran close to 2 miles! It felt good to run at night, but I was really sore since we took almost a 2.5 mile walk that morning! Afterward, we stopped over at Rach's house so that I could grab some water and so that Porter could play with all of her candles.
This morning, we got up and headed on post to get Joe's deployment orders and then re-register Porter into daycare. It took forever, because the woman couldn't multi-task. That bothers me so much. Anyways, then we went to Kohl's where I picked up some more toys for Porter for Christmas. I got 3 toys for Porter, one toy for a friend's birthday, a Curious George book, a hippo stuffed animal, and three shirts for $44! That was because I had a $10 off coupon from our shopping trip a few days earlier where we got 5 toys for Porter for Christmas as well as a pair of pants for $55! You got $10 for every $50 that you spent. And, I also had a 15% off coupon for today so I saved $5.43 more! The toys that I got were Little People sets and a Mister Potato Head! I saved a ton of money as they were all 40% off!
So then we came home, ate lunch, and took a nap. Then, we went to Wazoo's with our friend Kristy who is 7 months pregnant. She got to see adventurous Porter in action!
Rach is coming over at 5:30 for pizza and then Porter and I are going over to Amanda's house for a little playdate with Sydney before we put them down for the night. Then, we are watching a couple of movies!
It is really nice to have great friends who don't mind hanging out with Porter. I know that he is a handful, but he is my handful, and I adore him.
Tomorrow, I think that I am going to go to a couple garage sales on post and then a friend is coming over to help me learn how to sew! I am so tired, but it feels good to have things to do.
I have also been able to get a couple of emails from Joe :) One was from when he was on a layover from Budapest! Lucky guy, lol. Now, he is in Kuwait and just trying to get used to the time difference. He said that he loves the food though! He should leave to go to his FOB in a few of days and get settled in. I just really miss him...
But we are doing ok :) We will all get through the next few months just fine...or at least I hope that we will!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is awesome that you have so many friends that you can hang out with and stay busy. That really will make all the difference in these next four months. Believe me I know, b/c I don't have that here. I'm so happy that you and Porter are doing well.
I am glad that you are doing well and staying busy!
You go girl! I know you will get everything you want done, done. (Incentive), Joe.
Post a Comment