I have so much creativity bottled up in me, and it is just trying to bust out. However, I am lazy. I don't really finish things, and I always find an excuse to not do something. I would rather sit on the couch and cuddle up to Joe or tickle Porter. But, I can't fight this need to let the creativity out.
I have hundreds of dollars of scrapbooking supplies and yet I can't finish one page. I have hundreds of pictures printed off, and they are just ready to be scrapbooked. But, I have a severe need for perfection, and it prevents me from creating "mediocre" scrapbook pages. I can't just go with the flow. I have to read the fancy magazines, study them, analyze them and then I am too tired or feel too depressed that I won't be able to recreate that exact page that I just stop. I get too overwhelmed with creativity, and I don't know where to start. I know that Joe gets frustrated with me, but I just cannot help it. I had plans to work on Porter's scrapbook while Joe was deployed but then I got caught up with sewing...
Which leads me to another problem. I LOVE to sew. I also positively LOVE my gorgeous embroidery machine. But, I don't really know how to sew! I was never taught how to do it. I read a TON of blogs with tutorials adnt heN i try to attempt them. But, I just get discouraged, because they never turn out that way. I was doing the aprons, but I think that I got burnt out on them after Christmas. Plus, I don't know if anyone even uses them. Now, I want to quilt. I don't want to do the crazy patterns or anything, but I do want to quilt. I LOVE the look of the free motion quilting, and I can do it now with my sewing machine. It reminds me of Pottery Barn's quilts which I positively adore. I would love to start doing these for baby gifts and maybe even for wall hangings. I'm just such a wimp. I need to take a class, and I told Joe tonight that I would love to do that in Oklahoma while we are there.
AHH, so many ideas and projects and no motivation or knowledge. *Sigh*
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Uh, I TOTALLY use my apron. Like, every single day. I wear it when I wash dishes, when I'm cooking and baking, and when I'm mixing up lip balms and scrubs in the kitchen. It's AWESOME!
As for the rest of it, small steps! Make a schedule of 3 crafty things you want to do in the next week: ONE scrapbook page; ONE quilt block; ONE embroidered dishcloth. Give yourself a full 7 days to get these three easy projects done. Focus on how it feels to work on them, without pressuring yourself or looking for perfection. Just DO them, without thinking about who you're going to give them to. Make the fun in the doing!
The first time C was deployed, I took a sewing class on post. It was totally worth it. No matter how many tutorials and books you read, nothing compares to having a teacher right there in front of you.
I would reconmend taking a class as soon as you can and then only work on smaller projects. Remember people who sew well have been doing so for years, you have to work up to the big projects. I'm sure with time you'll do fine!
you should totally go to Seguin. My mom would LOVE to teach you how to quilt. Seriously, she would LOVE it! I know I'm a little biased but I'm pretty sure she really is the best. ;)
Post a Comment