Monday, February 2, 2009
Update...not good
Hanna still can't move either leg, and she is going to the bathroom all over herself. She is still in a lot of pain too. She is flat out miserable. We have to go to the vet today to get her IV out and to discuss options. Surgery is not an option as it would only possibly help 50%, and it is over $3000. So it is either she gets better on her own, eventually, or we have to put her down. I cannot even imagine that second option. For anyone who has known Hanna, she is a fiesty, full of life little girl. Now, in a split second, she can't do anything. We have discussed getting a little wheelchair for her, but we would have to manually help her pee three times a day, and she would still be in pain and would need to be on drugs. I have not stopped crying since we took her in, and I have to make a horrible decision if she does not start getting better. This is way too hard...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh my gosh Robyn, I am so sorry. They are so helpless when there is something wrong with them!! I am so glad Joe is there for all of this and you aren't having to do this alone. I will keep praying for you guys and for her.
Oh Robyn I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It is so sad to hear when pets become so sick. My thoughts go out to you.
Robyn I am so sorry. I know you love your furbabies so much. I will keep Hanna in my prayers. Keep us posted.
Robyn, I'm so sorry your going through this. I can't even imagine having to think about it. I'll be praying for you guys and Hanna. Keep us posted please.
I hope Hanna is doing better today and that the vet was able to give you a good prognosis. We are thinking of you. Please keep us updated.
It is so hard when they are in pain and you can't make the pain go away instantly. I send you my best wishes and big hugs, she has a wonderful family who loves her and will make the best decisions for her.
Post a Comment