Saturday, January 31, 2009

Need all of your prayers

Last night, Hanna came to us dragging her right hind leg behind her and shaking. We thought that it could have just been a pulled muscle, and we decided to wait it out the weekend. Well, today it got worse, and Joe took her into the emergency vet at 7:00 tonight. She has a spinal injury and is partially paralyzed. She cannot walk, and she is in bad shape. They are keeping her overnight to do a steroid treatment, but they don't know if that will be enough. We could really use prayers that it will work out. We do not want to go ahead with a surgery as it does not have much chance of working. This is it. We need a little miracle that she will get better with the treatment. Thank you...

8 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh my gosh, what a nightmare!! I am praying for you guys!

Shelly said...

Robyn, we are thinking of you guys today. What a poor little girl. Remember what I was telling you about the steroid treatments--they've worked on 2 of my dogs really well and I hope they do the same for her. Keep us updated.

Devon said...

Oh goodness Robyn! I hope that everything works out for you guys.
I have been complaining about Dixie so much, that I never imagined what it would be like if she was tu leave us.
I will say a prayer for your precious puppy.

Megan said...

What's the update? How's Annabelle doing?

Erin said...

Poor baby!! I hope the treatment works!!

Megan said...

I heard the update was this: She got her first steroid treatment, and she's starting to move her back leg. She needs to have the steroids every 8 hours (not sure that's the actual interval; info. from our mom) and the second one is scheduled for tomorrow.

Good luck, Robyn. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Hanna's a really good girl, waiting until Joe got home to help you deal with this.

Katie said...

Thinking of you guys and your sweet girl!

Alison Portis said...

oh Robyn, I'm so sorry. I know how much our dogs mean to us...we'll say a prayer for Hannah. We're thinking of yall. Love you guys.