So no run today :( There was ice on all of our trees! I definitely was not running in this weather! I have arthritis so any amount of rain, ice, and/or cold kills my joints. I am a sucker for punishment but not torture!
Porter and I had a great day just hanging out today. He got up at 6am, and we watched 101 Dalmations while I made muffins. The little guy scarfed down 4!! Can you believe that?!? I got the chance to finish up all of the caulking in the house, make a huge, extensive to-do list, work on our budget, and pack up a few more things. We also both took a long nap which was so nice and cozy!
Porter even went to this sign that I bought at the Education store (and that Aunt Rae-Rae so nicely laminated for us!) and picked out the different faces on it! There are 9 faces that range from happy, sad, angry, excited, surprised, embarrassed, etc. Well, I told him to pick out the face that he was today, and he went for "happy!" Then, he picked out, and repeated, "Sad, Excited, Embarrassed, and Surprised!" Isn't that awesome?? Now if I could just get him to work on his letters, numbers, colors, and shapes...the kid is so against learning those! He knows how to say all of them but just don't want to visually learn them.
After dinner, he took a bath with his new bath crayons. Man, those are so cool! I gave him the green and yellow ones and he just was a drawing fool :) I got to look through three magazines that I had already read and tore out appropriate articles. I found out that it is much easier to do this during his bath time, because I have to work super quick and I can point out the different things in the magazine for him to identify.
I just put him down to sleep, and he went down without a fight!!
Man, I love that kid...
Only about 2 weeks or so now!!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Running in the ice is seriously only for the insane. And those who enjoy trips to the ER :) Glad you stayed in! Sounds like you two had a really nice, cozy day.
Ahhh only 2 weeks?!
I need to ask you a Q about that dude moving into my house. Is he coming soon? (Answer privately of course!) HAHAH.
I love how I say that when my whole life is on here. :)
Post a Comment