Friday, January 23, 2009

A Man and His Truck

 

 

 

 


Since the day that Joe got his driver's license, he has wanted a truck. Due to my constant disapproval, he has had to drive "sub-standard" cars. But, then I realized that we have two PCS moves coming up in a year. And, gas prices went WAY down. Oh, and the economy sucks so now is the time to buy a truck for a great price. On Wednesday, we headed to Austin to a GM dealership that has gone above and beyond to get Joe's business. We got there at 10:30, and the guy came out and gave us huge handshakes, called us by name, and really welcomed Joe home. We spent the next hour looking at the different trucks and then Porter and I headed to the outlets that were only about 2 minutes away. Joe got to shop around for about an hour and a half all by himself and when we got back, they were down to negotiations. The bad part? It was going to be $2000 more than what we wanted to spend. There was no going around it, but it was exactly what Joe has always wanted. So, I was able to get him to knock it down an extra $300 and then said yes. Joe was shocked! I was bound and determined to stick to our budget, but I could see how disappointed he was, and it hurt me so much. How could I say no to a guy that has been to Iraq twice, is the best father to Porter, and the best husband to me? He has sacrificed so much for our family. What is $1700, right? Well, he talked me into an extra 4 years of warranty protection and tire protection for 3 years so it did cost a little more than that. But, we now have a 2009 Chevy Silverado with one year of Onstar, 3 months XM radio, 5 years tire protection, and 7 years completely covered warranty. And, we got it for about $8,000 less than MSRP! Go us!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Shelly said...

The truck looks great. He must be so happy. And yay for good deals on new cars huh?

MTM said...

That sounds like a great deal!

Erin said...

Aww! I am glad he got what he wanted! And a great deal, none-the-less!

d.a.r. said...

That is awesome!! I bet he is just thrilled.

We were going to sell Zach's truck before he deployed because the gas mileage is horrific and we could use the extra money to put into a house. But, after I told him he couldn't because it was too much to try and deal with before he left, the relief in his eyes was priceless. It really is his "baby"!!

Katie said...

Yay for new trucks!!

Erick wants a truck when he gets home- but he doesn't want new- he'd rather get a little older one- I told him it needs to have extended cab for car seat room for the future.

Devon said...

Wow! I am amazed that you were able to go outlet shopping with Porter so Joe could look around! You are amazing, Robyn! You can shop with a toddler AND let your husband go over budget!!

Herding Chaos said...

Wow I need to have you come make deals for me! Yay for Joe having the truck he always wanted. My dream truck growing up was a big red dodge ram dual wheel diesel truck! haha and now I drive a hybrid sedan.


By the way I cringed at your comment about the pregnant spider. Ewww

jlc said...

YAY!!!!

Aww you are the money saving QUEEN my friend. I am envious.



PS I wanna see a blow up pic of the one you're in! You are soooo making a Robyn face there and depriving your loyal bloggie readers. :)