Porter woke up at 5 am today. Not cool, little buddy, not cool. Even worse? Porter finding the candy dish at 5 am and dumping it on a sleeping Mommy.
On Tuesday, we went to have our pictures taken at Portrait Innovations. Righhhttt. Well, we tried. Porter was a little rascal and we didn't even get one good picture taken. Look at the Santa picture...that was how the whole photo shoot went. We are going again today in the hope of getting something better. We'll see.
For the last week, I have been up until 10:30-11:00 every night sewing. Why oh why did I think that I could make almost all of the Christmas presents this year? I'm a sucker for punishment that is why. Sorry to some of my relatives but I had to call the line on making some things. My arthritis in my hands just can't take much more.
I splurged and bought $11 cookie sheets (2 in a pack) and mixing bowls ($15, and they can be used for putting out food) at Sam's Club. Can I tell you how ecstatic I was? How sad is that??
I think that I am going to start packing up my craft closet after Christmas. I have an insane amount of scrapbooking/paints/other craft supplies, but I just don't have the time to do it now. I have a problem with perfection, and this problem does not allow me to scrapbook to my heart's content for fear that it isn't magazine worthy. The result? Boxes of pictures everywhere and no scrapbooks of Porter's first year. "I will scrapbook soon, I will!" (I have to keep repeating this to myself). I have a small fortune invested in all of these supplies so I need to start using them! But, I think that I have craft ADD, and I can't focus on a project for very long. Hence the new embroidery machine. Yup.
Here is to hoping that Porter takes a nap this morning so that we can do pictures at 2:10 without a meltdown!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck!! I hope Porter is a good sport and you get pictures taken!
I hear ya on the crafty things- I have so much scrapbooking supplies and tons of pictures printed, but do you think any of it has been done? Nope- half of it is from summer 2007 too! And I have about 2000 or more pictures still on my camera cards waiting to be printed. Yikes.
If you come to Drum we can be crafty together!
Awwww. I know that sucks, but that was incredibly cute to wake up to candy being dumped on your head. haha. Hope your arthritis gets better! Ouch. :(
Well I just think you are awesome. You do so much! Don't ever give up. I have an OCD disorder that gives me the same kind of problems. My biggest one is just like yours...No time! Just remember that you need to take time to smell the roses. You can't stand back and enjoy things if you are scurrying to the next thing. LOL, like I am one to talk! I always have the best of intentions and time runs out. Take it easy and don't run yourself more ragged than you already are.
Love you
Post a Comment