Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Madness

Yes, we went. And, I was so excited that I woke up three times in the middle of the night wondering how much longer until we woke up! Sad, I know.

Porter got up at 6:10 and we were out of the house at 6:15! Super fast! I was prepared, lol. We headed to Circuit City when Joe called! He got to "shop" with us for almost 45 minutes!! It so wonderful yet so stressful holding a phone and pushing a stroller and then getting it (and Porter) back into the car and out of the car like 5 times! Circuit City was sold out of everything that I wanted and then Target had a line wrapped around the store. Old Navy did not have any of their advertised sales (gee thanks fancy new store in Killeen) so we headed to the mall. I picked up something for Joe at Sears and tried on the boots that were mad on sale, but my calves are too small. Does the children section have hooker boots?

We got some Willow Tree ornaments for 40% off at Hallmark and then we headed to Toys R Us to pick up a slide for Porter. Yeah, that line was also wrapped around the store. So, we headed to Kohls and left right after I realized that the line was going to take an hour and a half. No thank you.

We came home for some breakfast and then headed to Wal-Mart at 10:15 and picked up some food supplies (including cookie making stuff for Joe's last care package) and then scored 101 Dalmations and Peter Pan on DVD for $10 each!!! Yeay for that!

Then, we just hung out all day until we brought pizza and apple bundles over to Christy's house. She is having a hard time with the new baby so I wanted to bring them dinner so they wouldn't have to worry about it. I brought them a blanket that I made for little Edumnd as well as a "Celebrate" Willow Tree ornament. She loved them both!

When we got home, I gave Porter a bath and then put him to bed (after a half an hour of fighting with him). I made another apron for a Christmas present, and I decided to try out a little different way to do it (same style but thicker fabric in different sections), and I loved how it turned out! I just need to do the embroidery and then finish the little bag that goes with it! It was a lot faster with my new machine :) I still have a ton more aprons to make though...

On a happy note, Joe and I have decided that we want to put Fort Drum at the top of our "wish list" at Captain's Career Course. We decided this during our "shopping trip." Now I am on a hunt for any and all information! Both of our families live just outside of Syracuse so we would be realllyyy close to them. That is one of the hesitations though. We want to be close but that is really close. There will have to be rules involved and they will have to realize that just because we live that close does not mean that we need to see each other all the time. I can't handle that. I have lived away from them for 4 1/2 years (8 1/2 years if you count college), and I have grown accustomed to them not being there, and I liked that. I know that sounds horrible, but I can't handle drama in my life. I have enough with the Army! Boundaries are essential.

On another side note, we have a "potential" buyer for the house! Could you all say a little prayer that this works out? It would be absolutely perfect and would relieve so much stress. Plus, we would actually be able to get some of the money that we put into the house. We have worked so hard on this house for the last 2 1/2 years, and we just don't want to give it all away to a realtor...

4 comments:

Erin said...

If you have any questions about Drum let me know!

Did I read correctly??? Joe's last carepackage??? That is awesome!! Means you are getting closer!!

d.a.r. said...

Hello, welcome to my life. We are only 2 hours from both sets of parents and while it is nice to have my parents so close...the every 2-3 week visits from the inlaws made me want to hang myself from a ceiling fan. And that was after we put our foot (feet?) down!!! They wanted to come out ALL of the time! His homecoming is going to be an all out war. Praise GOD my new job takes us another 40 minutes down the highway and makes it just a bit more difficult to get to us. That and a busy new job :)

Good luck. It has its perks, but it also requires lots of toughness to deal with the "but, but. but, we just wanted to come see our son". Gag.

Shelly said...

I hope CCC is better about giving choices than when Pat went through. I almost wish he could go again just in hopes of us getting a little bit of a say where we end up.

Devon said...

Did you make Porter sleep in his clothes?! I am glad you were able to have a happy shopping buddy!
Good luck with your potential buyers! I will keep you in my prayers.