So this morning, Porter's fever broke at 6:30. That lasted until 9:30 when it spiked up to 104 degrees. Yes, you read that right. We tried taking a nap, singing, taking clothes off, anything. Finally, I text messaged Rach and asked her to come over. She came right over and couldn't believe how awful he looked/felt. Thank goodness, her neighbor (and the guy across my street) just happens to be an Emergency Nurse at the on-post hospital, and he was home. So, I headed over there to seek out some advice, and he came over and checked his lungs and his glands and his mouth. He gave me the accurate dosage of Motrin and Tylenol to give to Porter (the stupid bottle said to only give him half so he wasn't getting the full strength that he needed-oh, and I did confirm this with the pharmacist at Walgreens) and just checked him over to make sure that it wasn't anything else. Porter was absolutely miserable but Rach was a Godsend and did everything she could to make him feel better. She watched him so that I could run to the store and when I got back, he was sleeping on her, and she had put cool washcloths on him. His temperature dropped to 103 but that was still high. We talked for a little bit before Porter woke up and wanted me to hold him. So, Rach tucked us in and Porter and I slept for a little more. When he woke up, I asked him if he wanted anything and he said "JUICE!" So, I got him some and he started sucking it down. He is still a grumpy guy but he is getting a little back to his old self.
It was an incredibly scary day today and I don't know what I would have done without Rach and the guy across the street (lol, we still don't know his name!!). God puts certain people in our lives at the right time and today was a true testament for that. I felt so helpless and in came my two saviors. Thank you so much Rach, from the bottom of my heart.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You're quite welcome. Porter is like my own and you know I'll do ANYTHING for you guys. Love ya.
It sounds like you and your friend Rachel did an awesome job caring for the little guy. I hope he is feeling so much better this morning.
OMG your poor baby!! God really does put some amazing people in our life, huh? Yall are making me wish we were at Ft Hood!!!!
Oh, poor baby!!! That must be so scary to have your little one be so sick. What a great friend you have in Rachel!
Poor thing! I hope the fever breaks soon and he starts feeling better! Keep us updated!
Post a Comment