Thursday, November 13, 2008

Exhausting Day

I took Porter into daycare today so that he could play with some other kids. No, really, it was just for him. I didn't even have any plans! But, since he was there, I did the following:

-Went for a run (MUCH easier without the stroller!)-Joe says that it is b/c my body is naturally supposed to twist and with the stroller it can't

-Took off all of the horrific paint that the previous owners put on the master bath tiles to cover up black marks. Oh wait, and I was about to get into the shower when I decided to do this. I just wanted to see if it would come off with a razor blade and 30 minutes later it was all done!

-Eventually took my shower

-Mailed Joe's Thanksgiving package (of course, the mail at his new FOB is soooo slow so he will probably get it for Christmas)

-Went to Bath and Body Works and used my $10 off $30 or more coupon. Can't tell you what I got in case one of you is the recipient ;)

-Picked up a cinnamon sugar pretzel from Auntie Anne's...so delicious!

-Went and got Porter who was SO excited to see me and kept saying "Bye! Bye!" to everyone

-Tried to take a nap but Porter decided that wasn't cool

-Played outside for a little bit

-Made ham, rice a roni, and carrots for dinner

-Watched an Elmo movie three times throughout the day (Porter didn't watch the whole movie any of those times)

-Read/sang books to Porter and put him down for the night

-Caulked the windows in the kitchen where paint had gotten onto the metal part. Oh my sore back...




-Finished making this AWESOME apron for a friend of mine whose birthday is this weekend. I have to say that this is the best yet! I bought an embroidery machine (will post a longer post on this when it finally gets here), and I CANNOT wait to get going on more aprons. I thought about adding some more ribbon but she is not a very ribbon-y girl. What do you think?? Would this be something that you would buy?



-Now it is time for bed. But, I need to take some tylenol first...

2 comments:

Katie said...

yay for getting so much done! Glad Porter likes going to play at the daycare!

And the apron is super cute- I'd definitely buy one!

jlc said...

Nice job!!

Hope that back feels better. :(