Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Yeah so Porter still got up at 5:40 this morning. Not digging this new schedule but Rach and I have thought it out and we think that it might be his medicine that is messing with him. But, here is our eventful night! Laugh at our expense!

6:00pm: Rach and Megan came over for dinner of chicken pot pie and apple bundles (holy crap...so good. You are going to love them! I will post the recipe tomorrow)

6:30pm: Get ready to leave to visit the new baby at the hospital and we get Porter ready for bed and then they were going to go for a walk

7:00pm: I arrive at the hospital and see baby Edmund Rederick Dixon who weighed 8 lbs and is 20.5 inches. 7:15pm: I get a frantic phone call from Rachel (well on Christy's phone as I left my phone at the house on accident) who said that the police were at the door b/c the alarm went off and she couldn't put the code in fast enough. She had the right code but was too late and she didn't know the word code. The police would not leave until the alarm company confirmed that it was a false alarm. But, that meant that I had to call the alarm company (from the hospital) and then they had to call the police to let them leave.

7:15-7:40: Pleaded, screamed, cried on the phone to the alarm company to get them to cancel it but they wouldn't since I didn't know the word code either. They eventually hung up on me on accident. Rachel called and said that the police just needed me to show my I.D. and they would be able to go.

7:45-8:00pm: RACE home after saying a quick goodbye to the Dixons and pull into the driveway and show my I.D. Have a couple laughs with the policewoman and then she leaves.

8:00pm-8:30pm: The garage door will not shut. The girls couldn't get it shut so they just left it until I got home. All three of us pulled and pulled and then POP, POP, POP! Three bolts came out of the door and knocked the door off of its axel. After hitting it with a hammer, screwdriver and using all of our woman power (well Rachels and Megans) we finally got the garage door down and tied down with rope since we couldn't get one of the bolts back in at the top.

8:30-8:45pm: We finish laughing (and me still peeved about having a broken door) go to head into the house. Yup, you can guess it. The garage door was locked. We were locked in the garage. Luckily, the front door was open. Rachel called Adam who was able to walk into the front door and let us out of the garage. Awesome night.

Hey, at least it was slightly comical. It could have been a sitcom actually! That is Murphy's Law biting me in the rear end that is for sure.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ugh! I am sure you were ready for bed after that night!

R.A.B. said...

Read my blog for MY version. :) Whew...what a night.

jlc said...

Oh my gosh!!


I love how everytime I read these stories I perfectly hear your voice saying it --- this includes Robyn expressions and ALL. Pop Pop Pop.... Oh how I heart you. That's hysterically awful. But I'm glad it's all done with now.

Got your message. I'm awful and I'm not going to make up an excuse. I just simply forgot!

Does the guy know that he can have our house? Haha... I guess it's BEST not to discuss all this via blog comments. :)