Friday, November 7, 2008

Oh naptime how I love thee...

Lately, Porter has been taking 1-2.5 hour naps. After the first day, I got smart and took a nap when he did. Now, I am hooked. But, I think that I am addicted now. I count down the minutes until 12:30 and I will let Porter bang on his door, because I just need some sleep. Don't worry, he eventually does go to sleep. Isn't that awful? But, it is so warm and cozy under our queen size down comforter (just for lounging around), and the girls curl up to me. I claim that our naptime is our bonding time. However, I think that I need to break away from these naps. They leave me overtired and cranky. Just like Porter.

The other day, I held a baby shower for my friend Christy at our local Japanese Hibachi steakhouse. There were only 5 of us, but it was perfect! We ended up sitting next to two other couples who were hilarious! And the food....goodness. How have I not gone there more often? The chicken and shrimp were to die for! Oh! Oh! And, I used my chopsticks the whole time! I was bound and determined even when I had like three little rice pieces left in my bowl. Rachel kept yelling at me to use the fork, but I did it with the chopstick! (Sidenote: I think that I eat way too much...I finished almost everything on my plate and still wanted more. Everyone else took home doggy bags. Yikes!) Anyways, I made a diaper cake for her, and I thought that I would post it here! The one guy sitting at our table gave me his card and said that I should contact him about starting up a business. I don't know. But, he did pay for Christy's meal so I thought that I would email him and say thank you for that.



Porter is doing better with the discipline. Well, today he was not so hot at his play date but I am looking at the bigger picture! I have learned that growling at him works! I know, can you picture me growling at him? But, it is true. For some reason he responds to it. I have also been better about including him more when we go shopping. *Knock on wood* I haven't had any meltdowns in over two weeks!

I would really, really, REALLY like to get an embroidery machine, but they are so expensive! The one that I am looking at is $400, but I think that I could really get some use out of it! I was looking at an embroidery shop website here in Killeen, and they charge $5 just to do a monogram! I would just have to do 80 monograms to have it pay for itself. And, if I get a business started with the aprons then I could charge extra for embroidery. What do you think?

I need ice cream now. I made an awesome steak (sorry honey!), but I am still hungry!

6 comments:

Devon said...

I heart diaper cakes!
And yay for naptimes! You rock!

Katie said...

I'd totally buy aprons from you!! And personalize them for family members! Especially for Oct you could do Breast Cancer ones. I bet if people got word out you'd sell those pretty fast!

Megan said...

So cute! You could use the embroder monograms on the diaper cakes. Very useful!

jlc said...

Ouuuu was it Nami????

I so miss that place!! Sounds like a good time. :)

d.a.r. said...

That is TOO cute! I would totally buy some from you! They would be awesome gifts, and I know I'd give them to family for holidays and girlfriends for bridal showers, etc.

Kristen said...

That diaper cake is too cute, and I would totally buy a monogrammed apron from you! Those aprons are seriously adorable!