Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thank you all

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words. I know that I am so afraid of what everyone else thinks, and it is a constant worry that people are thinking badly of me. I sometimes need reassurance from those around me that I am doing things right. Joe isn't here to do that so you all have to listen to me :)

Here is an apron that I made for a dear friend of mine, Shelly. I am so glad that she loved it so much!



Here is a little pouch that I made for my aunt for Christmas (which I hope that she isn't reading this...otherwise, SURPRISE!). I really, really like how it turned out! I also made a matching apron ;)







Porter and I took a nap today for almost an hour and a half!! He slept right on me, and it was the best sleep that I have gotten in a little while. Do you ever have those moments when you just feel all warm inside and your heart just feels so full? And you have to thank God, right then, for that special moment? I get that way whenever Porter takes a nap with me. It is so wonderful to know that he feels so content with me. How could I ever question his love for me?

As promised, here is the SUPER DE DUPER amazing Apple Bundles that I was bragging about. Soooo good!

2 large apples, peeled and cut into slices
1 medium orange, juiced to fill 1/3 cup (throw away or eat rest of it)
1 tube of breadsticks (Pillsbury are so good-do NOT get the Garlic ones...almost did that twice)
1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup sugar
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. Wrap 3-4 apple slices in each breadstick (see picture) and place in a round casserole dish. Do that 12 times. When done, melt butter in the microwave. Mix sugar and cinnamon together to your likeness and then brush the butter over the tops of the little bundles. Sprinkle the sugar all over the bundles and get it all over the dish. Think of a sugar/cinnamon wonderland. Then, pour the juice of the orange into the bottom of the dish but NOT over the bundles. Place in oven for 25 minutes. Let cool and then try not to eat them all in one helping!




1 comment:

Katie said...

YUM another excuse to bake this weekend! Those look delish!

I love the little bag. Have you thought about trying to make customized diaper bags? I bet those would sell! Especially around an Army Post with all the babies!