Friday, August 15, 2008

Brain...hurts...ah...

The workshop is next weekend, and I have been reading books left and right trying to prepare. I don't even know how many people are going to be there, but I found out that the head of Financial Readiness is going to be there. One of my goals is to create a seminar on finances for the military family that is young, informative, and that any rank can get something out of. I just don't feel like there is a cohesive class out there to include everything that I want to include. I have so much information in my head that I think that it is going to explode! And, I am absolutely terrible at Powerpoint and making it look jazzy yet still professional. I hate the stupid clip art crap that is out there, but I can't take someone else's picture due to copyrighting. Then, I thought about doing ridiculous and silly pictures of those around me to include in this so that it wouldn't be so boring. I have sat in on about 10 classes and I fall asleep in each one. I want to create a seminar where people are excited about coming! I want to go post to post to promote this out to our military families. There is no reason why our servicemembers and their families need to be in such financial ruin. We get paid pretty well (yes even the enlisted) especially when you take into account all of the benefits, and I want to help these families to learn how to live on a set budget.

I attended Crooks and Henderson's Field Problem when it was at Fort Hood (http://awtr.blogspot.com/), and I just loved it. They were fantastic speakers and the whole time I thought, I could do that but instead talk about finances! I think that I have a bubbly personality, and I get SO excited talking about money. So why not?

But back to this powerpoint presentation, I am having writer's block except in the form of creativity block.

No comments: