Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The mouth...the mouth...the mouth is on fire!

I will start this by saying that I have the worst teeth in the world. Due to my Crohn's disease, genetics, and a pregnancy, I have a cavity filled mouth. I just got 4 cavities filled today, and my mouth is in agony. No amount of Tylenol is helping. I asked her to put in more novacaine than normal as it always starts hurting in the middle of the visit. Now I am wishing that I hadn't...ouch, ouch, ouch. And, I will most likely have to go back tomorrow to get the fillings sawed down since it is too high? Idk. So, great, another painful visit back there. Oh, and did I mention that I have two more visits? Boo.

*I thought that I would also add that I am too cheap to pay the outrageous amount for the white fillings so my mouth looks like it was made out of silver-awesome.*

7 comments:

Kristen said...

i have horrible teeth too! Its my Irish genes. I need to contact dental since they denied me coverage. I think they know how bad my teeth are. I hope your teeth feel better soon!

Shelly said...

Robyn, I feel so bad for you right now. I absolutely hate going to the dentist so much that I have bad dreams about it constantly. This is one reason I keep putting off my cleanings. I hope your teeth feel better soon.

kd said...

I had a "really deep" filling done about a month ago. It is STILL killing me. I am convinced the Missouri dentist did it wrong, but don't want to go back (vicious cycle).

I feel your pain, sister!

Devon said...

robyn! i had to have 4 cavities filled after meredith was born! i am sorry you are in so much pain, but at least you can feel your face! lol i was numb for like 12 hours...

Erin said...

Aww that sounds yucky! I hope your mouth is feeling better tomorrow!

Megan said...

Robyn, I really think you should rethink the silver filling. I think a grill would be quite becoming!

On a serious note, I hope that the pain goes away soon. Hopefully your other appointments will go much better.

R.A.B. said...

Hope you're feeling better today!