Sunday, August 24, 2008

Quick update as I am hungover...

1. The workshop went alright although my section got pushed by to the last hour and then I was cut off after 30 minutes. I was supposed to have an hour and a half so you can see how that caused some stress. And, I went after the chaplain talking about Battlemind training for the soldiers and then the social work lady talking about Battlemind training for the spouses, then the Post chaplain talking about who knows what, then a gospel choir, then lunch, then a lady talking about deployments and children, and then another speaker. Who the hell wanted to listen to finances after all that? I just wanted to go home, and I hadn't even done my piece yet! Yeah, so I basically had to rush through my presentation that was written for an hour to a room of sleepy eyed people who apparently have no problems with finances. Uh-huh. But, the good part was that our Regimental Commander's wife came up to me and said that she wants me to do all of the redeployment briefings and a regular montly briefing (JUST ME she pointed out) on finances for our spouses. And, the Chaplain who headed up the event said that he wants to use me for all of his briefings that he does. They said that I was very enthusiastic and that it was just bad timing for my briefing. So, that was a severe let down...but at least I got two cool books out of it.

2) Joe took down the crib yesterday and set up Porter's toddler bed. And.....he slept in it last night! My little guy is growing up! It is the cutest bed in the world but now we have to reorganize the whole room. We have to try to find a big boy dresser today... I miss my little baby......

3) I had a rocking time last night celebrating my birthday with a great bunch of girls. I never had the typical bachelorette party so they made sure to do it up in style for me! That included a tiara that said Happy Birthday and a feather boa! They got me great gifts, had an awesome cake made, and they got me drinks all night! We had a fantastic time dancing and taking silly pictures. It was really awesome...I needed that so badly especially after the briefing. My birthday is tomorrow, and I get to go out with another GREAT bunch of people (including Rachel!) for an awesome dinner at Olive Garden. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!

So that is my update, and I have a horrific headache and feel awful. But, I love it!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday!! I am sorry that they screwed up your presentation time, but it sounds like you did an awesome job in spite of that!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday! That sucks about your presentation time, but at least everyone realized that you got screwed over. Hopefully next time, they'll get it worked out so that you have all the time you need. Have fun tonight!

R.A.B. said...

We have surprises for you!!!! Can't wait to celebrate tomorrow night!!! Miss you, too!

d.a.r. said...

Happy happy birthday!!!!!!

Sorry that your presentation got stuck at a sucky time, but it sounds like people recognized how worthwhile it was!!

jlc said...

I remember you saying you never had that bachelorette party... but now after going through some SCANDALOUS fb photos, I see that you have checked off that box in your life. ;)

Happy Birthday sexy mama!