Saturday, August 16, 2008

I think the world stopped turning

I, Robyn Alama Mroszczyk, just went for a run. I know, go ahead, read that over again. I just went for a run. And, I think that I ran almost a mile if Rachel's calculations are correct about going to Fawn Drive. My head is pounding, I am beat red, sweating, and I am so damn proud of myself. Now, I don't think that I will ever get up to Ms. Jen's 80 miles in two minutes runs that she does, but I am going to try to keep doing this. It helped that it was actually not 100 degrees out, not even 90 degrees out! And, Porter was going the whole way, "Car! Truck! Dog!" so that was pretty neat.

How, runners, do you get past the wheezing, about to die moments? I got running and then kept forgetting to breathe or felt that I was breathing too hard. Then, my legs felt like they were about to fall off. But, I stuck with it. Oh, and did I also mention that I was pushing Porter in the stroller?

Ah, so proud.

4 comments:

kd said...

Good job!! That is so cool that you were pushing Mr. Porter!

It gets easier every day--you just have to keep at it!!

Megan said...

Congrats to you! Running is hard!

d.a.r. said...

Yay!!!! I am so proud of you!!!

I control my breathing...a breath each time my foot hits the ground: in, in, in, out, out. If you do a three-two pattern like that, it alternates which foot you are putting the most stress on so you don't constantly breathe on one foot. And, it helps you get into a rhythm!

R.A.B. said...

WOW!!! Go you! If you go down to fawn take a left and then come back up chance, it's exactly a mile! :)