For the last 16 months, we have known that Joe was going to deploy with his unit. When...we didn't know. The halfway mark came and went and so did the chance of Joe getting over there. Rear D sucks hardcore, and Joe has gotten beaten down on everything that could possibly come his way. Then, finally, they said, "We have your replacement!" So, we started to prepare for Joe to leave at the end of August. Then, it got pushed back to the very beginning of September. Then, they screwed up with his replacement and had to get a different replacement! So, finally, the guy is here but needs to get into housing and everything else. Uh...when is Joe supposed to leave? Umm, in DAYS! It is looking like Joe will now leave in a few weeks. Of course, there is a chance after today that he could still leave in DAYS, and he doesn't have 1/2 of the things done. Oh yeah, and that means that he will be working 24/7 to get ready and then would leave. They just won't tell him so it is causing us a lot of stress right now. We have had it in our mind that he is leaving for a long time now but do you know what it does when the date keeps getting pushed back further and further? My philosophy is that I just want the bandaid ripped off instead of pulling it over every little hair. On the bright side, Joe is going to Career Course in May! We have the date, and we will be putting the house up for sale in March. So, there is something to look forward to!
I am just so nervous about taking care of Porter all by myself for 5 months...I know that everyone else can do it is just fine but it still scares me. I have had a lot of practice with all of the TDY trips that Joe has had to go on. But, it still makes me sad to say goodbye to my best friend....
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I completely agree with the whole lets just rip it off already. I can't imagine what the emotions are like in your house right now.
I'm sure you'll do great with Porter on your own!
That's exciting for Career Course! Where will you be heading for that?
P.S. Hope the flu bug is going away and you're feeling better!
Robyn! You are going to be great! No worries :)
Congrats on the CCC date too! Did Joe decide not to apply for the other OBC?
Bleh for the never-failing ridiculous changes in the army. Hurry up and wait!
Hopefully you guys can just get started and get it over with. You are going to be an EXCELLENT (temporary) single parent. And congrats on finally getting a CCC slot! Yay!
You are so right about the waiting being the worst part. It's better just to know one thing for certain, even if that means he is leaving in a few days. I am sure that you will be great with Porter during deployment!
We are heading to Fort Sill for Career Course :) Devon, he just wanted to get out of the unit and the other OBC wouldn't even start until next August!
That is so frustrating! It must be agonizing getting strung along like that. That is great that he got a career course date!
Holy crap!!! You can't leave me! What am I going to do without you across the street? And my Porter...I'll miss him too much. Just send Joe to CCC and stay with me. :) Maybe Jenn will move back by then...but it's not the same. Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment